Cogito ergo sum到底是否一個“公式”、論證其實仍有爭議。這句拉丁文的意思只是“我思、我在”而不是“我思所以我在”，到底笛卡兒是否要以我思論證我在，不同的人有不同的說法，而他們也各自在笛卡兒的文本（《方法論》和對反駁《沉思錄》的人的回應？）中找到支持自己的理據。--Ivy ST 17:42 2004年11月25日 (UTC)
笛卡尔和笛卡兒分別是那裹的譯名? 條目裹兩個譯名也有，有點混亂。 --Johna 16:44 2005年6月22日 (UTC)
- 《世界人名翻译大辞典》内是笛卡儿，《外国地名译名手册》中型本里面因笛卡儿得名的地区是笛卡尔，比较混乱。—zy26 was here. 2008年1月29日 (二) 04:44 (UTC)
- 同一条目下的译名是否应统一？--Shannon Talk 2013年12月3日 (二) 15:20 (UTC)
- 应该为“勒內”。—zy26 was here. 2008年1月29日 (二) 04:44 (UTC)
- 按照法文的读音，应为“勒內”。Mlogic (留言) 2009年5月15日 (五) 03:10 (UTC)
Is self-awareness necessary for "我思故我在" ?[编辑]
我思故我在(Cogito ergo sum)
This is the most genuine and irrefutable truth claimed by Descartes. As mentioned by him, a man can doubt every thing in this world, e.g. existence of water, sky, body, land, light etc. Yet, when he doubts, he is thinking, and when he is thinking it is irrefutable that he exists. I have read an online article commenting that Descartes’ idea is based on the concept of self awareness. In this gentleman’s idea, if a person does not have awareness of self, he does not exist in the eyes of Descartes’, e.g. a person with intellectual disability. However, in my opinion, this comment’s ‘person’ seems to be hardly exists in the real world. Even for the people with intellectual disability, they are rarely lack of self concept.
On the other hand, though Descartes had mentioned that when a person thinks / voices out ‘I exist’ then he exists, this does not represent the whole meaning of Descartes. This is not actually a process that people must do in order to be exist, but Descartes was pinpointing on thinking. Even though there is a person who does not have self-concept and never know what is ‘I’, yet when he thinks he exists.
Thinking in psychological realm is defined very broadly, it is not necessarily logical calculating and philosophical thinking as most of us think thinking is, but also cognitive perception, learning, decoding and encoding messages in contact with the person etc. Thus the more noticeable problem that appears in Descartes’ discussion should his definition of thinking. Nature of thinking and functions produced by thinking are different according to Descartes which is not aligning with the psychology field nowadays (which should be integrated and treated as one whole). I think that in looking into Descartes’ idea nowadays we should take the definition from psychology realm about thinking.
- 向 http://www.tianyabook.com/zhexue/no1/index.html 中加入存档链接 https://web.archive.org/web/20100216222732/http://www.tianyabook.com/zhexue/no1/index.html
- 向 http://www.hfu.edu.tw/~huangkm/ration/RULES-sum-ch.htm 中加入存档链接 https://web.archive.org/web/20090108160802/http://www.hfu.edu.tw/~huangkm/ration/RULES-sum-ch.htm
1. 那么多爆炸性的琐事，竟然只有一条来源[（见此）]：The Meditations contain a full statement of the system sketched in the Discourse. Before publication the text was sent to Mersenne to circulate for comment to a number of scholars and thinkers. Six sets of objections were received. They were printed, with replies from Descartes, in a long appendix to the Wrst edition of 1641, which thus became the Wrst peer-reviewed work in history. The objectors were a varied and distinguished group: apart from Mersenne himself they included a scholastic neighbour in Holland, an Augustinian theologian from Paris, Antoine Arnauld, plus the atomist philosopher Pierre Gassendi, and the English materialist and nominalist, Thomas Hobbes. 这连第四段第一句话都证明不了。 2. 前三段不仅没有来源，而且用字很极端很有感情色彩：“坚决否认”、“备受侮辱”、“愚蠢和不学无术”。 3. 谈论笛卡尔不需要塑造（捏造？）笛卡尔那样的形象，笛卡尔的数学、哲学成就更重要。 4. 如果有有价值的信息，建议移动到“生平”里。